Search This Blog

Custom Search

Saturday, April 2, 2011

A-Z Challenge "B" is for Beasts, Biology and Beginners

I'm back! Day 2 of the A-Z challenge and I have another post.

"B" is for Beasts

As I look back over all of the subjects we covered in our homeschool and the topics and projects I think the one topic that fascinated everyone the most was the beasts of myths and mythology. So today, I'm going to leave you for a few minutes and look for a resource that I hope will inspire you to include a section on mythology in your studies. Be right back...(see how I'm using all those "B" words...I'm funny like that. lol)

Oh this is a good one-Myth Man (love it-perhaps I should have saved this for "M")
Myth Mans Award-Winning Homework Help Beasts and Creatures

Here is another one I like-it is more list like than the first and it is a Wiki but never-the-less a good introduction to a wide variety of mythical beasts.
Mythical Creatures & Beasts Wiki

Moving on.."B" is for Biology. Biology is one of those high school subjects some tend to shy away from wanting to teach. Not me-I love science and science web sites.

One of my favorites for online educational videos
Kahn Academy-Biology

Of course every great biology class must have dissections-no...don't say ewwww...check it out
online dissections!

And to wrap this up "B" is for Beginners

Recently, I wrote a fun A-Z article that is full of quips and tips that beginning homeschoolers might enjoy and I hope you will check it out. Well actually, it is two articles but I guess if you don't like the first one and its humor you don't have to read the second one. :)

The ABC's of Homeschooling: Advice, Quips and Crazy Stuff Part One
The ABC's of Homeschooling: Advice, Quips and Crazy Stuff Part Two

Happy Homeschooling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment