Search This Blog

Custom Search

Friday, April 15, 2011

M is for "Mmmmmmmm"

One of the best things I have done with homeschooling is to teach my children how to bake/cook (The Joy of Cooking Homeschool Style). During Lent my children and I and several other wonderful people bake goods for the fish fries. This is the last Friday we will be baking for Lent this year and I must admit, my kids can bake!

Recently, someone said to me, "I heard your son is really good at baking." I then asked, where did you hear that?" To which he responded, "Your daughter when she told me she could bake, too!"

I then turned to my husband and said, "They get that from me." He implied I wasn't being exactly modest about it, now was I?

After thinking about it a little, my response to this is "It was me who taught them how to read. It was me who taught them the difference between "t" and "T". It was me who insisted they follow directions (Math..ugg) But most importantly, it was me who bought the cookbooks!" Yes, they get their ability to bake from me!

Mmmmmm....yes, the homeschool lifestyle is good, very good!

Hope you enjoyed this homeschool humor moment!

Happy Homeschooling!

JulieDD

6 comments:

  1. Take a little credit wherever you can get it, I say. ;O)

    My “M” post is right here: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/04/medical-marijuana.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching a child to bake/cook or even just to prepare uncooked food is one of the best things you can do. It's something that they will appreciate as they get older, and being able to cook never comes in wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm is right! Baking and cooking are skills everyone should learn, at least the essentials so they won't starve if left to their own devices.

    Sounds like your kids will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a great mommy! We need more like you to pull the weight of kidletdom!


    ♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;-) I'm so glad I found your blog. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like a much more organized woman than I am. And how great that you've taught your children how to cook.

    ReplyDelete