Search This Blog

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

C is for Chocolate

I suppose I might be stretching it a little to write about chocolate on a homeschool resource blog but I love chocolate. It is my belief that anything can be used to create an educational experience. So today I will go and seek out chocolate edu-moments online and I will share with you what I find. I however, will not likely share my chocolate. lol

Apparently, I am not alone in my beliefs....that's cool!

RESEARCH

A very small study suggests that chocolate can help with math, according to an article written by Kate Devlin at The Telegraph.


BOOKS

Of course, there are the popular counting and multiplication and other math fun with M&M's books.


MATH Again

Then how about the Chocolate Math Mystery from the Culture of Chemistry blog. Though I didn't test it and one of the comments suggest that it will only work in 2009-which of course, we are  not in 2009 anymore but this demonstrates a creative educational use for chocolate. So it stays in the blog.


SCIENCE

How could anyone resist checking out Discovering the Sweet Mysteries of Chocolate from Neuroscience for Kids?

HISTORY

How about researching some chocolate history-I think that is research I could enjoy!
Exploring Online: The Sweet Lure of Chocolate

WRITING/ENGLISH

Need a topic for your students to write about that is cross curricular try this- Chocolate and Slavery Child Labor in Cote d'Ivoire.

Well I think I have proved my point-now I think I'll go see if I have any chocolate milk...doesn't that sound good right about now.

I'll be back soon with the "D" post. Hope you'll come back for more fun with the A-Z Blog Challenge.

JulieD

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I have done the math M&M's chocolate challenge with my kids. It is so fun! I can't wait to tell them about the science one.

    ReplyDelete