Search This Blog

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"I" is for Ice Cream

Ok. Ice cream is another one of those things I love but how can I justify ice cream as a topic on a homeschool resource blog?   Hmmmm.

Well, according to Houston Examiner, today, April 12th is Tax Day and from noon to 8p.m. Ben & Jerry's are having a free cone day. Here, it is a beautiful spring day and I would recommend a field trip to the park or a nature hike followed with a treat from Ben & Jerry's. Only problem is we don't have a Ben & Jerry's anywhere nearby. :(

However, I did find a few educational resources based on ice cream! Maybe, we should make some ice cream. I like that idea!

Science

Ice Cream Science 

Ice Cream Food Science

Chemistry in the Kitchen: The Science Behind Ice Cream

Making Ice Cream 

History

The History of Ice Cream

The Story of Ice Cream

Language Arts Studies

3rd grade ice cream center activity


Ice Cream Dream Activities Packet


Ice Cream Stand (scroll down the page) Finance and Economics

Fun

Girls Love Ice Cream

That's it for today.

Happy Homeschooling!

JulieDD

1 comment: