Search This Blog

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

K is for Kinesthetic Learners

I'm going to guess that most people reading this blog already know what I'm going to say, "We all don't learn things in the same way."

Kinesthetic learners learn by being physically involved with learning. This is vastly different from the way I learn so I find it fascinating and intriguing. I also, recognize the value of having resources for homeschoolers who may have a child who learns primarily in this fashion.

Kinesthetic Learner Characteristics

Kinesthetic Learner Characteristics

Kinesthetic Learners

Kinesthetic Learners Links

The Fine Line Between ADHD and Kinesthetic Learners

About Learning Styles

Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic Learners

Teach and Learn Tips for Kinesthetic Learners

Study Tips for Kinesthetic Learners

Tactile-Kinesthetic Learners 

Kinesthetic Learners

Study Guide Zone Kinesthetic Learners

Happy Homeschooling!
JulieDD

6 comments:

  1. Any teacher could use this as a resource -- great links!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning by doing. That's how my son did it. He lived with his father and stopped attending school after 8th grade. He just didn't "fit" in a classroom setting. Yet, he assumed he was "uneducated" until he decided to attend vocational school in the electrician program and aced the math placement exam that others older than him couldn't pass. He ended up receiving his GED with most of his scores in the upper 90 percentiles. He was definitely a hands-on learner. There's nothing stupid about a child who can't learn in the traditional manner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a touchy-feely kinda gal myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Infinitely fascinating subject. I worked with a team of engineers who learned in very different ways. We were developing a complex process and one had to see a visual process chart while the other had to cover his eyes and have me read each step in the process. Amazing.

    I’m A-Z Blogging on Langley Writes about Writing and Langley’s Rich and Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having this knowledge about ourselves can be the difference between failure and success. I am someone that needs to read about it, then try it, and then figure out what I did wrong and do it right the next time. I have a hearing problem - I do not do well with verbal instructions. It takes too long for my ears to process and for me to understand. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote an article on Associated Content in response to President Barack Obama's request for educational innovation about educational restructuring and the different learning styles. Tactile learning when combined with the other sensory educational tools provides an exceptional opportunity for kids to learn. I think teachers improve their chances of reaching children when they combine different learning techniques.

    ReplyDelete