Search This Blog

Custom Search

Friday, April 15, 2011

L is for the Study of "Life" (Biology)

Biology has always been one of my favorite subjects. This morning, I witnessed the miracle of my kitty having babies. In fact, she even let me hold her while she was having contractions and right up the the very last seconds before the kittens started arriving. It was an incredible and amazing thing to witness-life!

So in honor of the new kittens, tentatively named Larry, Mo and Curly. lol (tentatively-don't even know what they are yet-still being attended to by mommy kitty) I will post biology resources and links today.

 Biology News Net and Science News Great places to read about what is currently happening in the fields of science and biology.

An online interactive resource for learning about biology from the University of Arizona: The Biology Project

The Biology Corner-resources for teachers including handouts, worksheets and dissection photos and more including videos and coloring pages. Great biology resource site!

How about watching a cow's eye dissection from Exploratorium.

Did you check out the pig dissection photos from The Biology Corner and want to explore the topic further...Virtual Pig Dissection has study guides and quizzes.

I'm going to check on the little ones now...they are so cute! This picture was taken right after the second one was born. The third kitten is mostly dark tan colored. Adorable!

2 comments:

  1. Science was my worst subject in grammar school. Now, however, I'm fascinated by science. My latest A-Z Challenge blog is here: http://myheartblogstoyou.blogspot.com/2011/04/misunderstandings-i-know-you-didnt-say.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet babies! :) Thanks for the biology links, too.

    ReplyDelete