Search This Blog

Custom Search

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"J" is for "Just Do It!"

The phrase "Just do it!" has become a bit of phrase of annoyance in our homeschool, but I'm not really sure why it bothers my children. In fact, if I even begin saying, "just" they are likely to start objecting.

Granted I should give them a bit of courtesy and throw in a please or two but sometimes things JUST need to get done and quick without complaining, whining or procrastination. Today's links will focus on resources to deal with procrastination.

Why do they procrastinate?

Why Kids Procrastinate and How to Help

How to Help

The Now Habit-Dealing With Procrastination Review (Good starting tips)

and from Bottom Line Secrets
How to Deal With a Procrastinator When You're a Do-It-Nower

From Family Education
Help Your Child Beat Procrastination

From Psychology Today
Don't Delay Parenting Style and Procrastination

Time for me to get some things done! I do need to be a good example, after-all.

Happy Homeschooling!

JulieDD

3 comments:

  1. I think I should adopt a similar phrase in my home. My twin girls are master procrastinators. Thanks for the links and ideas!

    Stopped by via the A-Z challenge! Come visit me here: http://rodneysouthernsays.blogspot.com/2011/04/justice-is-death-penalty-answer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the world's worst procrastinator and need to repeat that phrase loudly to myself every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Procrastination leads to stagnation. I'm guilty as the next person of taking the opportunity to procrastinate every so often. Thanks for sharing, and it's a pleasure to meet you via the now defunct A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete