Search This Blog

Custom Search

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pre-K Through 5th Grade Free Worksheets

Throughout the last twelve years that I have homeschooled I have at times loved using worksheets and at other times deemed them time wasters. For my children worksheets were often just short of a punishment.

Why?

The difference is our learning styles. I grew up with teachers who regularly used worksheets. I thrived in that format of teaching/learning. However, at least two of my children have struggled with that style of teaching and the expectations.

Yet, I love worksheets and I do think they can be used to reinforce concepts or to practice or test a set of skills.

The other problem with worksheets which often frustrated me was going to a website that said it had "Free" worksheets only to discover the ones I wanted were only available to those who had a subscription.

So for you I have found a site that as of this writing has all free worksheets for Pre-K through 5th grade. Now there is an unobtrusive request for a yearly donation of $1.00 and there are supplemental ads but they are not on the worksheets which come with answers in a PDF file.

Here is the site TLS Books

Happy Homeschooling!

JulieDD

No comments:

Post a Comment