Search This Blog

Custom Search

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Note Taking Skills- Cornell Method

There are many effective methods for taking notes. Notes can be totally useless or extremely helpful. When I was in college many times they fell into the totally useless category until I took a "How to study course" where I learned to organize and use my notes.

What a concept!

As part of my children's education we are experimenting with several different types of note taking. The plan is to find the style that works best for them and then give them plenty of opportunities to practice.

The first style we will explore here is called the Cornell Method.

Alexandria Technical College has a great explanation of this method and also a review of a couple other methods.

At Eleven 21 you can find a Cornell Note Taking Generator to create note taking pages and print them off.

That's it for today.

JulieDD

No comments:

Post a Comment