Search This Blog

Custom Search

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Educational Movies

A little while back I wrote an article about using movies as a fun and educational activity. In particular, I was referencing Christmas Movie Themed Lesson Plans.

Since it is Saturday-education can take on a more relaxed approach and maybe they won't even realize they are learning-just having fun.

Check out these fun and educational movie sites

BrainPop This site offers very short clips on a variety of subjects and the mini movies are fun to watch. They offer a free trial to their subscription movies and free movies. In addition, I noticed that they have expanded to include lesson plans and other guides for educators.

Another site that is also a subscription site but only $11.99/year is Teach With Movies This site for the subscription price offers learning guides and lesson plans based on movies.


I do like free resources and here is one I just discovered that I will be spending some time on exploring. This site gets my "check it out" recommendation.

There are educational songs, movies and it is a network divided into subjects and topics. The movies I saw were more educational than entertaining but they did draw attention.

The Totally Free Children's Network

That's it for today. Have a great Saturday!

JulieDD

DISCLAIMER: I am not affiliated with BrainPop or Teach with Movies or The Totally Free Children's Network and have received no compensation for mentioning their sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment