Search This Blog

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Homeschool Buyers Co-op

Recently, I joined a group online called the Homeschool Buyers Co-op. It was free to join. What the co-op offers is a chance to join with other homeschoolers who are purchasing curriculum to try to get better prices with purchasing power. I would have loved to have something like this when I was first starting out with homeschooling. I spent countless hours trying to find good deals on appropriate and good curricular materials.

One in particular,that I wanted to get a few years ago was the Weekly Reader.

At that time I couldn't afford the subscription and looked for alternative materials. However, just last week the co-op offered an opportunity to power purchase Weekly Reader through the co-op.

As I haven't had a need for curriculum this year, I haven't purchased anything through the co-op so I can't say much on the intricate workings of the co-op but I thought I'd mention the opportunity. I think it is a great idea and if I was just starting out I would definitely be more active on the co-op.

Happy Homeschooling!

Oh, if you join the co-op let me know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment