Search This Blog

Custom Search

Monday, September 13, 2010

An Amazing Site for Science and Math Education

Having a rough day or two or are you not able to get through the lesson or explain it to your child so that she/he can understand it? I've had several of those days lately. However, I did come across an amazing site that has been more than helpful and even better it is all free.

The site is called Khan Academy. I don't know why I always think about Star Trek when I think of this site... but I do. Perhaps because it is a very logical, scientific and useful site and way cool!

Anyways, this site contains a multitude of links to videos. It is organized by subject and the videos load quickly and are of a high quality. The teacher explains the concepts quickly and in an enjoyable manner.

It is a growing open source project on a mission of providing a world class education to anyone or everyone. I admire the creators of this site that want to create a free classroom for the world! Thank you, Khan Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment