Search This Blog

Custom Search

Monday, May 17, 2010

Writing Strategies

Today's proud moment: My son signed up to be a writer for an online writing website. Writing, teaching writing, learning writing and writing skills have been challenging over the years. I did find a program that worked for us. The reason it worked is because it broke down the difficult parts of writing into manageable and understandable methods and chunks of information. The presenter was entertaining and fun to listen to and he spoke about teaching writing. Ideally, I was supposed to listen/watch the videos and then incorporate the methods into the lessons but as it happened we all listened and worked on incorporating the material into our writings.

While this program worked for us it may not work for everyone. I think it is important to look for programs or strategies that work for you.

I do also have to note that I am not affiliated with the program I am about to suggest other than being a user of the program, which I purchased.

The program we found the most helpful for learning how to write was by the Institute of Excellence in Writing.

On the website you will find a great deal of helpful and free information to explore this program and see if it will work for you.

Other writing strategies to consider:

Teaching That Makes Sense has good practical ideas and approaches to teaching and learning how to write.

University at Buffalo offers writing strategies for K-12.

Happy homeschooling-learning and teaching.

JulieDD

No comments:

Post a Comment