Search This Blog

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Giving Speeches

Today my son is to present his final speech is his college speech class. He has been doing pretty good in the class but we've been working on his presentation. It has been a fun time filled with laughter and family unity. I gave him one goal with this speech and that was to make them laugh. The speech is written, he knows it but now he just has to have fun with it. Sometimes we have to stop worrying about the grade and just have fun.

For him and all those who struggle with giving speeches I offer you the following links:

From Dumb Little Man Tips for Life:10 Fail Proof Ideas for Delivering a Powerful Speech

More Tips from Fripp in Giving a Speech? 10 Tips for Public Speaking

In closing I want to share a story that someone shared with me on Facebook today and it has helped to keep our speech lesson light.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Hobos & Tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes &
bowlegged ants. I come before you, to stand behind you, to tell you a story I
know nothing about. One bright morning in the middle of the night two dead
fellows stood up to fight. They stood back to back, facing each other, drew
their swords and shot each other. If you don't believe my lie, it's true, ask
the blind man on the corner, he saw it too."

No comments:

Post a Comment